So its now been almost a month since my last day of work, and I think I still feel like I'll be going back to work or to London after Christmas vacation. I did a 10 day Contiki tour of Berlin, Prague, Vienna, & Budapest - had a really good time, met a lot of fun people, and even though we were only in each city for a few days, got to see a lot.
After Budapest, I was back in London for 24 hours to pack up the rest of my stuff and spent one last night in my old flat in Lancaster Gate with Sabrina. On Dec 19th, I flew home to Lexington, Kentucky and spent 10 days with my parents. I've only been back to Kentucky once a year for the past few years, so it is always nice to be home, especially at Christmas. We had a nice Christmas, kept fun by my sister's 2.5 yr old twins and her 4 yr old. The rest of my time in Lexington was mostly spent shopping - was at almost every sporting goods store in town trying to find shoes and everything else I needed.
The past week, we've been visiting with my brothers and families in Pennsylvania & New Jersey. Lots of kids and family time which has been fun. I've seen some of my aunts, uncles, & cousins who I hadn't seen in a few years two or three times just this week. And I've packed and unpacked my backpack many times, trying to squeeze more in.
Sunday I'm leaving and taking the train up to New York City. I'm staying overnight with my friend Liz, catching up with a few people, and then leaving from JFK Monday at 5. I have a 6.5 hour flight to LA, a 2 hour layover, and then almost 11 hours to Fiji, landing at 5am on Jan 9th!
3 comments:
WHERE ARE YOU NOW!?
Hi Mimi,Glad you got your bag.Miss chatting with you.Snorkeling and sun sound good.It's gonna be -2 next w/e.Take care and be a little careful.Do as I say,not as I did.love, Sue
wow! you're going where no McDonnell has gone before....represent!
Post a Comment